Sunday, February 9, 2020

WOW! Taylors 2016 Jaraman Cabernet Sauvignon

I live for those moments when I taste a wine and the only rational response is WOW! Sometimes they are quite pricey but the quality still means they represent value. You can't afford to drink them often and save the few bottles you have for special occasions.

At a mere $20 this wine is a WOW! Dangerously drinkable and ridiculously affordable. OK it's not its regular price but I reckon anything under $40 would make it a bargain. It's one of those reds I just want to hold in my mouth and roll around the tongue. There's plenty of acid for a four year old red, lashings of cassis fruit and layers of complex flavours. The French oak is a little overt but that will calm down over time.

One of my new life's ambitions is to taste this in 10 years time.

GRAPE VARIETIES: Cabernet Sauvignon
VINTAGE: 2016
REGION:  A South Australian blend from the Clare Valley and Coonawarra
A/V: 14.5%
PRICE: $20 on a Members special
FROM: Dan Murphy
RATING: 5/5 from me [should be higher]

No comments: