Friday, September 19, 2014

Radio Boca 2013 Valencia Tempranillo

I love spending time with people who know more about wine than I do. Last Saturday I spent an enriching couple of hours with a young mate who gave me the tip about this wine. I'd lost contact with Tom for awhile and I wonder how I could have been so careless because he has found us all a beauty with this one. Yes, all the way from the casa of naranjas comes this very funky red with an equally funky label. Produced from 20-50 year old vines I can tell you unreservedly that THIS IS NOT THE RED FOR EVERYONE. It's savoury, it's subtle, it's at the light end of medium bodied and it is DRY. If you understand Tempranillo then jump in the deep end and grab a dozen - you'll love it. It's a brilliant red but if you're uncertain pick a few in a mixed dozen.
Our Price: $15 per bottle by the dozen

SOLD OUT

No comments: