Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Berton Vineyard 2014 Pewter Label Vermentino

The debut 2012 vintage won a trophy at the 2012 Citibank NSW wine awards for BEST YOUNG DRY WHITE and was one of the most drinkable white wines I'd ever tasted. Cellar door buyers loved it, racing out the door with plenty of repeat buyers.

The equally impressive 2013 has arrived and gone,

And we've now seamlessly morphed into the superb 2014 vintage.

I've been recommending it to anyone who says "I'm a bit over sauvignon blanc" or "I'm just looking for something different". It's fresh, crisp and lively with a fruit profile somewhere between riesling and sauvignon blanc and while it's a variety I've never sold before it deserves to be huge. It won't, but it should be the "NEXT BIG THING" after sauvignon blanc
Our Price: $10 per bottle by the dozen

SOLD OUT

No comments: