Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tyrrell's 2006 Brokenback Shiraz

I am forever grateful to Helen from Tyrrells who showed us the 2004 vintage of this wine in June 2007. Once again here are my notes:
"The nose is unmistakeable, classic earthy Hunter. I've never been comfortable with the "sweaty saddle" adjective as to me it's not a particularly compelling endorsement. This one has it but in an attractive appealing way that I've rarely encountered.
The earthiness continues on the palate but there is none of the dirt stink that characterises so many Hunter shiraz. This also offers a rich roundness of fruit that carries on to an incredible length. This is an outstanding red that is a must for lovers of Hunter quality and an absolute must for anyone who's never been convinced. Enjoy now or confidently cellar."
This was the wine that rekindled my enthusiasm for Hunter reds and let me tell you that this 2006 release is even better. The label is a huge improvement and the stuff inside the bottle is sensational. $15 is ridiculous.

Cellar Door $25
Our Price: $15 by the doz

SOLD OUT

No comments: