Wednesday, December 26, 2018

DAN MURPHY'S "SECRET SELECTION" NUMBER ONE



CLAYMORE "GOD IS A DJ" 2017 RIESLING 

I recently placed my first on line order with Dan Murphy. It was an interesting experience. The 4 dozen order was split over two deliveries which partly explains the 18 emails I received advising the evolving status of my request.
I ordered a number of their "Secret Selection" wines available on line. They tell you the vintage, the area and the grape varieties as well as a vastly inflated original price. That's unfortunate because overall the wines have been quality drinking at a very reasonable price. They're just not the huge bargains that Woolworths would like you to believe.
This is a very drinkable riesling. Crisp and dry with a little bit of age creeping into the palate. Enjoy at this price.
GRAPE VARIETIES: Riesling
REGION: Clare Valley, South Australia
A/V: 12% 
PRICE: $8.90
FROM: Dan Murphy
RATING: 4/5 from me

No comments: