Monday, February 5, 2018

TWO OUTSTANDING RIDICULOUS VALUE MARK DOWNS

It's easy to be sceptical about markdowns of this magnitude. Why so savage? And were they worth the original asking price. 
I don't know the answer to the first question but I can certainly answer "YES!" to the second.
These are two big, robust reds with plenty of everything. There's tannin, wood by the barrel load and lashings of complex fruit. Drink now with plenty of breathing or cellar indefinitely. 
If I lived in Portugal I'd be buying a few dozen of each.





Mula Velha 2016 Premium Red
GRAPE VARIETIES: Syrah, Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouchet
REGION: Lisboa, Portugal
A/V: 13.5% 
PRICE: 2.99 euro [marked down from 10]
     FROM: Continente, Portugal
     RATING: 5/5 from me 

Rovisco Pais 2016 Premium Red
GRAPE VARIETIES: Touriga, Cabernet, Aragones [Tempranillo]
REGION: A/V: 14.5% 
PRICE: 3.89 euro [marked down from 13] 
FROM: Continente, Portugal
RATING: 5/5 from me 

No comments: