Friday, January 7, 2011

Berton Vineyards 2011 The White Viognier


You've probably worked out by now that I'm not a huge fan of pinot grigio, the occasional pinot gris interests me but I love VIOGNIER.
Last year we tasted a new one from Bob Berton and it was strangely, simply called The White Viognier with one of those weird metal labels popularised by Tempus Two as well as a crazy 14% a/v. With those negatives I wasn't expecting to be impressed but WOW what an absolutely delicious mainstream wine.
The 2011 is a superb follow up with the only apparent difference of a declared alcohol of 13.5%
This is all about sheer drinkability and I just can't imagine anyone not enjoying it. It combines rich mouthfeel with a vibrant zing. Is it an alternative to chardonnay or sauvignon blanc? The back label reckons chardy and I understand why but with no apparent wood exposure I reckon this would appeal to any dry white drinker. VERY, VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Our Price: $10 per bottle by the doz
en

SOLD OUT

No comments: